[SoC] Weekly Report - UbuntuGIS

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 28 06:20:14 PDT 2013

Hello this is the report for my 4th week in the GSoC.

What did I do this week?
     I finished the update on gdal 1.10 thanks to commit from Francesco
in DebianGIS.
     I updated Mapserver and Mapcache with changes from Sebastian
Couwenberg.
     I started updating PostGIS to 2.0.3 on Lucid with all the changes
and fixes from Markus Wanner.

What do I plan on doing next week?
     Finish the update on PostGIS for Lucid and all the other packages
needed, Grass, QGIS, gdal-plugins... and start Precise.

Did I block on anything?
     There was a small problem with the first gdal 1.10 I upload to
Lucid directory, packages built against it were still linking to
libgdal1 which doesn't exist anymore, it's been changed to libgdal1h,
the simple fix was to update the symbols files name.
     I also have a problem with PostGIS on Lucid. Some of the function
in rules don't seem to work properly, maybe because of their older
version and the fact that Lucid doesn't support multi-arch. I think it
will be fixed at the end of the day.