[SoC] Report 11 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:16:09 PDT 2016

Hello everyone, here’s my eleventh report for the OL3-Google-Maps project.

Link to the library: https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps

Link to the website: http://mapgears.github.io/ol3-google-maps/

What did you get done this week?

   -

   As planned, I added an example featuring an overview map. However, I did
   not do the StreetView example, as it would have required more development,
   and I decided bug-fixing was a higher priority.
   -

   I found and solved the issue with some tiled WMS layers not displaying
   correctly. The problem was that OL3 supports setting a custom origin point
   for tile layer, while Google Maps doesn’t. The fix involves moving the tile
   coordinates to the right place before sending them to the Google Maps API.
   -

   I added a function to refresh ImageWMS layers.
   -

   Added support for transparency on tiled layers. Before, changing
   transparency on them would make the OL3 layer visible, now the opacity is
   properly carried over to the Google Maps API.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   Next week is the last week for GSoC, I will spend it doing various
   bugfixes as I continue my integration test on the side.
   -

   I will release a new version of the library at the end of the week. That
   version will be the one I send for the final evaluation.

Are you blocked on anything?

   -

   No.

Have a nice week-end!