[SoC] how to contribute OSGeo Organisation

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:01:47 PST 2017

Hi,

I just wanted to add the link to GSoC pages on OSGeo wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017
>From there, you can find the list of ideas and the recommendations for
would-be students. Bear in mind that we are still waiting for Google to
publish the list of accepted mentoring organizations, therefore don't give
it for granted that there will be another OSGeo-GSoC until then.

Regards,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hkmyricaria at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Rahul,
>

> this is the mailing list of OSGeo-GSoC coordination. be aware following
> milestone:
>
> February 27 16:00 UTC List of accepted mentoring organizations published
> [1]
>
> >I want to contribute OSGeo organisation. I would like to contribute on
> open source Android, python projects.
>

> Following starting points:
>
> http://www.osgeo.org/ => all OSGeo's projects are listed there
> projects
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC => OSGeo's IRC channels
>
> you have to screen OSGeo's projects whether one of them matches your
> skillls and interest;
> then choose the communication channel of the selected project and start to
> discuss directly to
> the project's community.
>
> Kind regards
> Helmut
>
> 1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

>> Hi,
>>    I'm Rahul Chauhan, a Computer Science Engineering student. I want to
>> contribute OSGeo organisation. I would like to contribute on open source
>> Android, python projects. Please help me where to start with.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rahul Chauhan
>> github- https://github.com/rahulworld