[OSGeo-Standards] Follow up from OSGeo board meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:48:11 PDT 2013

Hi Jody,
I forgot to answer your comments here. Sorry.

On 30/10/13 17:14, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Nice break down. Not sure what you mean by a demo page, but projects
> such as GeoServer and deegree run the CITE tests.
>
> Two bits of feedback, and two diagrams to back them up.
>
> 1) Want to only reward testing here, not implementing.
OSGeo-Live already documents "implementing" of OGC standards, and I
don't think we should remove that. I think there is value to users to
know when a project claims to read layers from a WMS, even if it hasn't
passed CITE tests.

And we should be reference the standard, not specific projects. Apart
from other reasons, trying to track the web of projects/versions which
have been tested to work with each other becomes a logistics challange I
wouldn't want to tackle.