[STDM-dev] STDM Logging

John Gitau gkahiu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:44:55 PST 2016

Hi,

One feature that I have always wanted to have in STDM is the ability to log
debugging messages.

To kickoff this initiative, I have incorporated a logging mechanism that is
initialized when the plugin is being loaded. The log files will be saved
under a 'logs' folder in the stdm user directory i.e.

[OS' current user directory]/.stdm/logs

In future, we will also incorporate real-time reporting via a web service
such as through sentry, updates on this will follow when implementation is
complete.

Please consider sending debug messages to the logger for new modules that
you will be working on.

Currently, this implementation sits in the *ref_config_mod* branch but will
soon be incorporated in *master* once we release v1.2 in a few weeks' time.

Best,

John