[STDM-user] help: STDM stops when I try to set up "New Social Tenure relationship"

maruyama idi05 at idi.or.jp
Thu Oct 6 02:18:26 PDT 2016

Dear Mr. Gitau,

Thank you very much.

It works now.

Best regards,

Maruyama

From: John Gitau [mailto:John.Gitau at unhabitat.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:11 PM
To: maruyama <idi05 at idi.or.jp>
Cc: stdm-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [STDM-user] help: STDM stops when I try to set up "New Social
Tenure relationship"

Dear Maruyama,

The issue is common in lower versions of PostgreSQL, specifically with
regard to how geometry data is transported from PostgreSQL to QGIS/STDM.

You will need to change one PostgreSQL setting in order to resolve the
issue, the steps are as follows:

1.	Browse to your PostgreSQL installation in Windows i.e C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.x where x is the minor version of PostgreSQL.
2.	Open the data folder and locate the file named postgresql.conf. Open
this file using any text editor such as Notepad.
3.	Scroll down til you find the following entry #bytea_output = 'hex'.
4.	Delete the pound sign (#) before bytea_output and replace hex with
escape (ensure escape is enclosed by single quotes). Hence, the resulting
line should read bytea_output = 'escape'
5.	Save the file and close.
6.	Click on the Windows Start button and click on Run...
7.	In the Run dialog, type services.msc in order to load the list of
currently installed Windows services.
8.	Scroll down til you locate postgresql-9.x (where x is the PostgreSQL
minor version). Right click on this item and select Restart.
9.	Once the PostgreSQL service has successfully restarted, restart QGIS
and create the social tenure relationship. It should now work as expected.

Regards,

John Gitau
Land and GLTN Unit, Urban Legislation, Land and Governance Branch |
UN-HABITAT

NOF Block 3 Level 3 South Wing I P.O. Box 30030-00100 Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: + 254 20 762 3032 | +254 (0)722 945 556
Website:www <http://www.unhabitat.org> .unhabitat.org
<http://www.unhabitat.org>  | Partners' website:www <http://www.gltn.net>
.gltn.net <http://www.gltn.net>

-----"STDM-user" <stdm-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org