Web Map Interfaces

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Oct 20 09:30:58 EDT 2005

Many of us know that the sad truth is that a sexy user interface on top
of a crappy back-end will probably win over more lay person users than
the ugly interface on the best map engine/data solution.  I think that a
lot of us are just starting to realize the importance of usability for
our mapping apps, particularly for external customers.

I found this article on Web map interface usability at Directions
Magazine and it hits on some good points.

http://www.directionsmag.com/article.php?article_id=1988

David.

PS.  Bob B.  Thanks for showing off your app at the City of St. Paul
last week.  Impressive app!