OMB Geospatial RFI

Brian Huberty Brian_Huberty at FWS.GOV
Mon Apr 10 15:46:29 EDT 2006

The main agenda topic just came in this past week for the upcoming TCMUG
meeting.

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has been making some waves in the
last few months of trying to address the chaotic nature of geospatial
systems within and outside of the government.  The first hint was this
powerpoint:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/documents/FY07ITBudgetRollout_MarchUpdate.pdf

where they mention Geospatial as a line of business withing the budget!

Then this Request For Information (FRI) came out last week:

http://www1.fbo.gov/spg/GSA/V/VC/GSV06PD00089/listing.html

where OMB basically is saying we need help focusing where our spending
should go from you the industry.   Industry here does not mean only ESRI
but also states, universities, organizations, etc. etc.

So please, spend some time reviewing and responding to the RFI so all
voices are heard.

Brian Huberty, Regional NWI Coordinator
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, R-3 Ecological Services
1 Federal Drive, Mail Stop 4056
Ft Snelling, MN  55111-4056
USA

brian_huberty at fws.gov