[Tilecache] Tilecache and MapServer

Tim Langlois tlanglois at archetypecorp.com
Fri Apr 27 16:22:54 EDT 2007

I've had similar problems.  I successfully implemented Openlayers +
TileCache + MapServer on a RHEL4 box.   However, I tried the same
installation on a newer Fedora Core 5 box and ran into difficulties.
The same as you, I verified that MapServer and Openlayers work
correctly, but when I try to put TileCache into the mix, I get the pink
tiles.  I am beginning to think the version of python may be the
culprit. (FC5 comes with a much newer version).

Openlayers may disguise any Python errors you are seeing, but if you
take the actual image url from the pink tile and run it in a separate
browser, you may see some python errors which may point you to a
solution.  This is the only advice I can offer right now.

Tim L