[Tilecache] Using Tilecache WMS from Win32 app

David E. Reksten der at dod.no
Wed Dec 5 09:46:54 EST 2007

Hi,

we have to serve complex WMS (static) background maps to several sites
and lots of users using an existing in-house Win32 application that
uses WMS requests. Due to speed and server constraints, we are
considering using Tilecache, but it does not seem to lend itself to
this kind of use straight out of the box.

Has anybody tried to use Tilecache as a WMS provider for a Win32
application? We can modify the app somewhat to accomodate tile sizes
and resolutions, etc, but we'd rather not do anything major.

But is it feasible? Has anybody done anything similar before?

Regards,
David