[Tilecache] missing tilecache.py? (definitley missing something; -)

Paul McCullough Paul.McCullough at sfgov.org
Thu Dec 13 17:23:58 EST 2007

All,

Please excuse my ignorance here - it is not willful.

I have successfuly gotten TileCache running in CGI.
Cool stuff.

Now I want to switch to mod_python.

My env is:
    windows xp sp2
    apache 2.2
    tilecache-1.9
    python25
    geoserver 1.5.4 (not relavant for this discussion?)

I am trying to follow the TileCache README file.

I have downloaded and installed mod_python-3.3.1.win32-py2.5-Apache2.2.exe
I have removed all of my previous CGI configs from httpd.conf
I have added this dir entry to httpd.conf:
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\tilecache-1.9">
        AddHandler python-program .py
        PythonHandler TileCache.Service
        PythonOption TileCacheConfig "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\tilecache-1.9\tilecache.cfg"
</Directory>

Thje first line of my tileCache.cgi is  (irrelavant under mod_python? or is
it?)
    #!C:/Python25/python.exe -u

Restart apache.
Now when I try these URLs (as per README) I see:

http://localhost:80/cgi-bin/tilecache-1.9/tilecache.py/1.0.0/basic/0/0/0.png
The requested URL /cgi-bin/tilecache-1.9/tilecache.py/1.0.0/basic/0/0/0.png
was not found on this server.

http://localhost:80/cgi-bin/tilecache-1.9/tilecache.py?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256
The requested URL /cgi-bin/tilecache-1.9/tilecache.py was not found on this
server.

I am puzzled.
Where is tilecache.py?
I do not see this file in my tilecache-1.9 distribution.
Is there an aliasing step that I missed?

I have hacked around with usual suspects such as:
    paths
    path separators
I Nabbled and googled.
It is time to ask for help!