[Tilecache] missing tilecache.py? (definitley missing something; -)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Dec 13 17:35:29 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 02:23:58PM -0800, Paul McCullough wrote:
> Now I want to switch to mod_python.
>
> My env is:
>     geoserver 1.5.4 (not relavant for this discussion?)

Correct.

> I have downloaded and installed mod_python-3.3.1.win32-py2.5-Apache2.2.exe
> I have removed all of my previous CGI configs from httpd.conf
> I have added this dir entry to httpd.conf:
> <Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\tilecache-1.9">
>         AddHandler python-program .py
>         PythonHandler TileCache.Service
>         PythonOption TileCacheConfig "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\tilecache-1.9\tilecache.cfg"
> </Directory>

Try this in some directory that isn't in cgi-bin, since that path is
usually a ScriptAlias directory, which makes it special.

> Thje first line of my tileCache.cgi is  (irrelavant under mod_python? or is
> it?)
>     #!C:/Python25/python.exe -u

Irrelevant under mod_python.

> I am puzzled.
> Where is tilecache.py?

There is no such file. my_anything.py will work in the directory you
properly configure -- I don't know quite sure what's missing yet, but
the first step is to try something that isn't inside cgi-bin.

-- Chris