[Tilecache] Non Lat Long Projection

Stuart Eve stuarteve at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:32:57 EDT 2007

Hello all

I have been trying to setup my tilecache to work with Openlayers and have
come across the old 'cannot caluculate tile index' error.

After having read the archives I see that you need to have your bounding box
and max resolutions the same in both the tilecache.cfg and the openlayers
layer def. I have done this and am still having no joy.

I can get a cached tile if I manually input the maximum bounding box into
the URL (outside of Openlayers) - but only if I use the maximum bounding box
- if I try to request a smaller geographic area I get the error.

Has anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Stuart

Using Tilecache 1.8 on Unix with Openlayers 2.4

My openlayers definition is:

 var wms_cache_layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Fasti Global Mosaic",  "
http://www.fastionline.org/v2/mapserver/tilecache/tilecache.py?", {layers:
'fasti', format: 'image/png; mode=24bit',
maxResolution:'27086.765625',maxExtent:
new OpenLayers.Bounds (256000,-1385000,733013,5549212) } );

Tilecache.cfg is:

[fasti]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://map1.fastionline.org/v2/fasti_wms.php?