[Tilecache] Ok, past resolution issues (I think) but now a new weird error...

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 5 17:43:32 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 04:04:58PM -0600, Steve Lime wrote:
> Chris: I was referring to the error message:
>
> An error occurred: The requested layer (00) does not exist. Available layers are:
>  * compass
>
> I got then when switching from a WMS layer in OpenLayers to a TileCache layer. The configuration on
> TileCache was the same.

Yeah, this is the result of not properly using the TileCache layer. The
TileCache layer is meant to point to a web accessible cache created by
TileCache, not to a TileCache CGI instance. It's only useful or the case
where you have pre-populated all your layers.

It says this in the lower left corner of
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/tilecache.html , for the record.