[Tilecache] Multiple images in a group layer

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Dec 3 11:19:29 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'll have to implement TC on a WMS layer which points to a GROUP of
layers in a mapfile.  The grouped layer is a bunch of fairly large
images that are scattered on the globe surface.

>From what I can see, it is not possible to TileCache such a group layer.
And even if it were, I would need to be able to provide BBOX extents for
every single image that the layer comprises.  The obvious issue here is
to avoid having blank tiles.  Are there pointers/examples I could use
for guidance ?

Cheers,

Yves