[Tilecache] TileCache generates weird URLs

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jan 15 12:09:52 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 06:07:10PM +0100, Arnaud Diederen wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> (and thanks for the quick reply!)
>
> I just installed the 2.01 version that's available, and it solves the
> problem indeed!
>
> One more question: I must be able to connect to tilecaches available at
> various locations; those might be of versions prior to 1.9. Is there any way
> to figure out what version of tilecache we're fetching the descriptive XML
> documents from? (i.e., in order to know when the advertised URLs have to be
> patched)

Not that I can think of, but checking for double '1.0.0' in the URL
should probably do it. Note that even if you coul get a version number
out, you wouldn't neccesarily have your answer -- it was mod_python
specific, so CGI and wsgi (standalone server) requests wouldn't suffer
from the same problem.