[Tilecache] TileCache in Amazon s3 - Specify different bucket per layer

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Thu Nov 20 13:57:35 EST 2008

I have a Amazon EC2 machine running tilecache to my S3 account and am
very happy with the performance - Thanks!  The one new feature that
would help is to specify a separate S3 Bucket for each layer.  This is
similar to the file cache where each layer gets a different directory.
The reason for this is the S3 storage is one big massive blob (hence the
term bucket).  Some of my layers are fixed - i.e. aerial photos taken
July 2005.  Others will need to be updated as the data changes.  This
would be simple if I could specify different buckets per layer.  I am
using the S3.py library instead of boto if that helps.
Thanks!
Bruce