[Tilecache] MetaTile issue

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Feb 20 13:54:38 EST 2009

> Has anybody run TileCache under mod_wsgi?  Any pointers on how to set it
> up?

Did you follow :
http://erilem.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/secure-tilecache-with-pylons-and-repoze/ ?

Eric told me this could be run under mod_wsgi, but I don't know how to
go about that.  There probably are tutorials on the Pylons web site as
to how to run under mod_wsgi.

>  I'm doing something wrong, and the documentation on this is pretty
> sparse.  Here's the error I get in my apache logs:
>
> mod_wsgi (pid=21465): Target WSGI script
> '/usr/local/apache2.2/htdocs/tcwsgi/tilecache.wsgi' cannot be loaded as
> Python module.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/apache2.2/htdocs/tcwsgi/tilecache.wsgi", line 2, in
> <module>
> from TileCache.Service import wsgiApp
> ImportError: No module named TileCache.Service
>
> Do I have to move TileCache into "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/"  (my python
> library directory) ?

I did not do that on my windows box.  The tilecache file was not in my
system Python (C:\Python25 ...) and it ran fine so I guess the same
would hold true for mod_wsgi.

Sorry I can't help more.

Yves