[Tilecache] bug in MapServer Class ?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Jan 3 15:32:04 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:30:29PM +0100, Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using TileCache on a mapfile and I'm experiencing some weird behaviour.
>
> My TileCache is loaded dynamically as a service in a django application.
> When i get a layer from the mapfile throught TileCache service, I get
> back an image with all layers having STATUS ON in the mapfile, and not
> only the one i'm asking for.
> It can be interpreted as a NORMAL behaviour, as the STATUS ON indicates
> that the layer should appear on the image, but it's quite annoying too.

It's not the intended behavior. The layers which should be on are the
layers that are specified in the 'layers' parameter of your tilecache
configuration. In effect, TileCache uses MapServer's internal
WMS-request processing mechanisms, so the behavior should be exactly the
same as a WMS request.

> Do you think a loop on the layers to set all non requested ones to
> STATUS OFF would be appropriate here ?

Nope. Figuring out why it's broken/not behaving as expected would be
more appropriate.