[Tilecache] mod_python (& mod_wsgi ?) on windows

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Mar 3 08:31:09 EST 2009

Hi All,

I've been trying to find out how to mix and match mod_python and
mod_wsgi on windows for a while and I keep bumping across the "this
doesn't work on windows" (e.g. daemon mode of mod_wsgi, which is
supposed to be the only way to make mod_python and mod_wsgi live
together) or the "that doesn't work on windows" (e.g. making a
virtualenv with a path containing spaces will make it impossible to
deploy easy_install in the venv).

My original idea was to simply use mod_python for TileCache and mod_wsgi
on a number of arbitrary Python venvs, one of which for FeatureServer
(and maybe another for MapFish Server and/or TurboGears 2).  From the
looks of it it will be Python Path hell so I've pretty much settled on
using just one of mod_python or mod_wsgi.

I like the fact that mod_wsgi is faster than mod_python, but IMO
mod_python is more mature and easier to deploy.  So here is the
question : has anyone on this list deployed both TileCache *and*
FeatureServer on mod_python in the same Apache and if so what are issues
I should watch out for ?

TIA,

Yves