[Tilecache] Tilecache under CherryPy http server - patch

Tibor Arpas tibor at infinit.sk
Fri May 22 07:20:22 EDT 2009

Hi Christopher,

I've put together a patch to broaden and maybe simplify some
deployment options of Tilecache. I hope to find more time to document
this further if you like it and commit the entry point. I also think
pure python deployment is the simplest for beginners and should
probably be the first option in documentation. The CGI option should
be as the last one with a big warning of beeing unusably slow.

The minimal documentation proposal follows below.

Best regards,
Tibor

Running Standalone with PasteScript and CherryPy

One component of the CherryPy web framework is a pure Python, fast,
HTTP/1.1-compliant, WSGI thread-pooled webserver.
To deploy Tilecache using this option you have to:

 * Install prerequisites:

easy_install PasteScript
easy_install CherryPy

 * Create a deployment config file specifying the http server and the
application with options.
 The format of the configuration file is documented here:
 http://pythonpaste.org/deploy/#the-config-file

Example configuration file follows. Copy the lines into tc.ini, tweak
the tilecache_config variable, run paster serve tc.ini and enjoy at
http://127.0.0.1:5000/tc

[server:main]
#tested with Paste#http and PasteScript#wsgiutils, PasteScript#twisted
also possible after installing dependencies
use = egg:PasteScript#cherrypy
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 5000

[composite:main]