[Tiling] Letting the ball roll

Steven Ottens steven at minst.net
Sun Sep 12 15:39:00 EDT 2010

Hi tilers,

I'm Steven Ottens, work for Geodan research in Amsterdam and I've developed tiling support for Mapbuilder back in the day and nowadays run TileCache on multiple servers serving a whole lot of layers. I'm in dire need of some more advanced cache management tools and as such was thrilled by the meeting in Barcelona.

Oh and I started a tiling wiki on osgeo, but due to mail problems I couldn't announce it earlier: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Tiling We can use it to write down the results of both the meeting and the discussions here.

Steven