[Tiling] Letting the ball roll

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Sep 14 07:22:28 EDT 2010

Hey-

I'm Andreas Hocevar. I work for OpenGeo, and my interest in tiling comes from the perspective of web clients (especially OpenLayers) consuming tiles. I am interested in easy configuration of tile layers, and ways to easily switch between cached and on-the-fly generated versions of layers for e.g. previewing style changes.

-Andreas.

On Sep 12, 2010, at 21:39 , Steven Ottens wrote:

> Hi tilers,
>
> I'm Steven Ottens, work for Geodan research in Amsterdam and I've developed tiling support for Mapbuilder back in the day and nowadays run TileCache on multiple servers serving a whole lot of layers. I'm in dire need of some more advanced cache management tools and as such was thrilled by the meeting in Barcelona.
>
> Oh and I started a tiling wiki on osgeo, but due to mail problems I couldn't announce it earlier: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Tiling We can use it to write down the results of both the meeting and the discussions here.
>
> Steven
>

> On Sep 11, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Gabriel Roldan wrote:
>
>> Hi tiling fellows,
>>
>> I just thought we should break the ice and get something going on the list, so what about briefly introducing ourselves before I forget your names :)
>>
>> First off, thanks for the great break out meeting at FOSS4G, I really think we can come out with useful stuff for all our projects here.
>>
>> I´m Gabriel Roldán, from Argentina, working on the GeoWebCache project since not that long but with a lot of expectations and ideas for it. (that´s what I mean by brief)
>>
>> Thanks again, looking forward to some exciting discussions I´m sure we´ll have here and to see how they help improving our projects and the tiling specs, either the existing or new ones.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gabriel

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/