[Tiling] Fwd: [OSGeo-Standards] Irregular tile coverage in TMS?

Rushforth, Peter Peter.Rushforth at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 13 15:07:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

Please consider using AtomPub as the base protocol for tiled services.

As pointed out here:

http://dret.net/netdret/docs/icwe2010/

it might be useful for vector data (KML) too.

The markup echos what
Allan Doyle was calling for on the Geoweb-REST list, ie @rel="east" etc,
to guide clients in selecting the geographic 'next' page of entries,
which is nicely compatible with REST IMHO.

AtomPub is a strong contender for a standard RESTful interaction
model, widely used.

Of course, as Paul points out, implementation does trump theory.

Cheers,
Peter