[Tiling] Letting the ball roll

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Sep 14 12:04:02 EDT 2010

On Saturday, September 11, 2010, Gabriel Roldan <groldan at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Hi tiling fellows,
>
> I just thought we should break the ice and get something going on the list, so what about briefly introducing ourselves before I forget your names :)
>
> First off, thanks for the great break out meeting at FOSS4G, I really think we can come out with useful stuff for all our projects here.
>
> I´m Gabriel Roldán, from Argentina, working on the GeoWebCache project since not that long but with a lot of expectations and ideas for it. (that´s what I mean by brief)
>
> Thanks again, looking forward to some exciting discussions I´m sure we´ll have here and to see how they help improving our projects and the tiling specs, either the existing or new ones.

Hi all

I'm Éric Lemoine from Camptocamp.

We, at Camptocamp, use TileCache in most of our customer projects, and
we're very happy with it.

We've developed a number of patches to TileCache, some have been
committed into trunk, some haven't. For example, we have developed a
patch for the seed process to only generate tiles that cover actual
data.

We're also interested in tile management tools, especially in the
context of cloud computing infrastructure.

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS