[Tiling] Letting the ball roll

Cédric MOULLET cedric.moullet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:23:09 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm Cédric Moullet, Head of FSDI Web Infrastructure (
http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home/swisstopo/org/kogis/iwi.html)
by the swiss government. Some of you probably know me as Geospatial Director
by Camptocamp. I left this position some months ago. I try to be active in
FOSS4G communities as PSC member of GeoExt, MapFish and OpenAddresses and I
like to make some coding with these libraries, too.
I have mainly used TileCache for the swiss geoportal (
http://map.geo.admin.ch/), in conjunction with cloud computing
infrastructure (see this tutorial given this year at Foss4G:
http://www.slideshare.net/cedricmoullet/cloud-computing-and-tile-generation-foss4g-2010).
I'm particularly interested in generation, normalization and optimization of
tile management.
Cu soon on this list,
Cédric

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Eric Lemoine
<eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com>wrote:

> On Saturday, September 11, 2010, Gabriel Roldan <groldan at opengeo.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi tiling fellows,
> >
> > I just thought we should break the ice and get something going on the
> list, so what about briefly introducing ourselves before I forget your names
> :)
> >
> > First off, thanks for the great break out meeting at FOSS4G, I really
> think we can come out with useful stuff for all our projects here.
> >
> > I´m Gabriel Roldán, from Argentina, working on the GeoWebCache project
> since not that long but with a lot of expectations and ideas for it. (that´s
> what I mean by brief)
> >
> > Thanks again, looking forward to some exciting discussions I´m sure we´ll
> have here and to see how they help improving our projects and the tiling
> specs, either the existing or new ones.
>
> Hi all
>
> I'm Éric Lemoine from Camptocamp.
>
> We, at Camptocamp, use TileCache in most of our customer projects, and
> we're very happy with it.
>
> We've developed a number of patches to TileCache, some have been
> committed into trunk, some haven't. For example, we have developed a
> patch for the seed process to only generate tiles that cover actual
> data.
>
> We're also interested in tile management tools, especially in the
> context of cloud computing infrastructure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Eric Lemoine
>
> Camptocamp France SAS