[TOSprint] Theme for Montreal Code Sprint 2011

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Nov 13 18:45:23 EST 2010

On 10-11-13 1:33 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> - Montreal Code Sprint 2011: The Rendez-vous of the Tribes...
>
> Alluding to the fact that this sprint used to target primarily the C
> tribe and is becoming the official meeting of all Tribes (C, Java and
> JavaScript for the most part, and maybe even .NET and others someday)
>
> Also playing a bit with the name of the Rendez-vous OSGeo-Qc event we
> held last June...

Hi Daniel,

I really like your proposed name/theme, it's perfect for this year's event.

But I wouldn't use the strong "official meeting of all tribes" text, as
there is an even more attended Bolsena code sprint each year
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Bolsena_Code_Sprint_2010).  Maybe our goal
should be to merge the events in the coming years...but personally I
like that both exist and I'd like to see both continue to thrive.

-jeff