[Ubuntu] ubuntugis PPA not there?

Ricardo Garcia Silva ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:12:29 EST 2009

Hi Alan and list

I did as you said and added the ubuntugis-unstable PPA. It worked.
Then I installed Grass and Qgis (and related dependencies, as shown by
Synaptic).

Problems:
- Qgis won't start, it just throws a 'segmentation fault' message at the
terminal.

- grass's wxpython gui doesn't work out-of-the-box. I had to install
package python-wxgtk2.8 (and dependencies) to make it work. I don't know
if this is a problem, but maybe there should be some reference to this
somewhere

I'd really like to have Qgis running... can you help me out?