[Ubuntu] Packages for Maverick (10.10)?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Oct 8 01:33:02 EDT 2010

> I haven't tried to build grass or any other packages in Maverick since the
> official release is not made yet. We are still at the release candidate. As soon
> as they release it, I'm going to build my packages for it.
Thanks.

> Unfortunately, I do
> not have any maverick environment yet. Perhaps someone else has already tried
> to build those packages in maverick and will be able to help you.
With another software I have now been successful with the new Launchpad
recipe tool:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/SourceBuilds/GettingStarted

You may see it here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~pythonxy/+recipe/spyder2.xdevelmanual

I have applied what I learned here to GRASS:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~grass/+recipe/grass6-devel

The package was uploaded to:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~grass/+recipe/grass6-devel
Please have a look at it. I also have a package for 10.04:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~timmie/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=lucid

I would be happy to provide help with this.
If this is employed, we could have automated daily builds based on the
mirrored SVN repository in the testing repository.

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Timmie