[Ubuntu] Re: UbuntuGIS Postgis 1.5.2 package broken?

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Oct 20 09:23:08 EDT 2010

Hi Brent,

No, this is not an issue. the package postgis contains only documentation,
manual and a few binaries. It doesn't depend on the postgresql postgis plugin,
as you could have compiled/installed manually.

The package postgresql-8.4-postgis is the postgresql plugin. The package
doesn't support postgresql 9 yet, only 8.3 and 8.4. I'm going to take a look
at this.

Thanks,
Alan

--