[Ubuntu] Question about packages in Unstable ppa

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:42:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

having enabled both the ubuntugis and the nightly-builds repository is
harmless. The main difference (an important one indeed) is that qgis 1.7
in the ubuntugis repo is compiled against gdal 1.8 available in the same
repo, while qgis-trunk is compiled against gdal 1.6 available in the
official ubuntu repo.

So installing qgis-trunk from the nigthly-build repo can lead to
unexpected behaviours because it uses an old gdal library because there
are recent features that need gdal >= 1.7 to work.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --