[Ubuntu] qgis warnings and failure after upgrading to 1.7.2 and 1.7.3

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:53:45 EST 2011

Worked like a charm! Thanks.

I chose to use Synaptic as it is the 'ubuntu way'.

I did a search for "qgis" in synaptic and selected everything that came up
installed to mark for complete removal.

I applied that and had to restart (on 11.04 natty) because without the
restart, when I went to install the latest packages it gave an error saying
certain qgis companion packages couldn't be found.

All is well now.