[Ubuntu] installing mapserver on ubuntu 11.10

melo king meloking at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:06:17 EST 2011

I’m setting up a web server and a mao server for the first time.  I’ve got
Ubuntu 11.10 with Apache running on it successfully (no gui. all command
line).  I’m having a hard time figuring out the steps for installing
MapServer on the machine.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I
do not have any other geospatial software installed on the server.

Please let me know if this listserv is not the right venue to be asking
this sort of question

Thanks!