[Ubuntu] installing mapserver on ubuntu 11.10

Jorge Gustavo jgr at di.uminho.pt
Mon Nov 14 18:14:31 EST 2011

Hi,

You don't need a GUI to do that.

i) Use the ubuntu gis repository, at
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable

ii)
sudo apt-get install libhdf4-doc libhdf4-alt-dev hdf4-tools ogdi-bin

sudo apt-get install cgi-mapserver libmapscript-ruby
libmapscript-ruby1.8 libmapscript-ruby1.9.1 mapserver-bin mapserver-doc
perl-mapscript php5-mapscript python-mapscript

iii) Test it with:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv -v

I hope it helps.

Regards,