[Ubuntu] grass bug

Manuel Grizonnet manuel.grizonnet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:27:57 PST 2012

Hi,

my 1%, could it be related to a previous modification to the gdal
configuration of the package in ubuntugis-unstable ppa?

More specifically, the option which rename internal libtiff symbols has
been activated to solve an issue which appears when a program is linked to
geotiff and gdal. A segfault appear when reading tiff files (see for
example http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=558733)

Options in the configure step are :

--with-rename-internal-libtiff-symbols=yes \
--with-rename-internal-libgeotiff-symbols=yes \

It is perhaps worth a try to rebuild the grass package and see if it
appears again even if I think that this modification is already included
in "gdal - 1.9.2-2~precise3"...

Regards,

Manuel

2012/12/6 Jerome Villeneuve Larouche <jlarouche at mapgears.com>

> Hello,
>
> I can't reproduce your problem in precise amd64 bit with "grass -
> 6.4.2~upstream2-3~precise3" and "gdal - 1.9.2-2~precise3".
>
> Make sure you're using the latest gdal version or if you could give us
> more information. Are you doing anything before launching grass or
> launching it on a specific project ?
>
> You could also try to uninstall it and reinstall it. "apt-get remove" or
> even "apt-get purge".
>
> I looked into the gdal and grass package but couldn't find out anything.
> So there may be something wrong with the grass package.
>
> Also, I'm sending this on the UbuntuGIS mailing list if someone has an
> idea of what is going on.
>
> Thank you

Manuel