[Ubuntu] ESRI, Microsoft Access Personal Geodatabase, PGeo and ogrinfo error: ODBC: Invalid install path

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:35:28 EST 2012

Your best bet is to uninstall what you installed manually, and stick
to the repositories.

cd ~/Downloads/unixODBC-2.3.1
make uninstall

And for the repositories, try

sudo apt-get install mdbtools unixodbc-bin

For gdal-1.9.0 I'm not sure it is available yet in ubuntugis-unstable
ppa, but it should be coming shortly.
Your other option is to build it manually, but it is somewhat involved.

Etienne