[Ubuntu] ESRI, Microsoft Access Personal Geodatabase, PGeo and ogrinfo error: ODBC: Invalid install path

Katie Urey ksurey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:41:31 EST 2012

Hello Etienne Tourigny,

Returned to repositories.  Now have stack smashing.

Katie Urey

===========

PGeo: MDB Tools driver: /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
PGeo: MDB Tools driver installed successfully!
PGeo: EstablishSession(sample_pgeo)
ODBC: SQLConnect(sample_pgeo)
*** stack smashing detected ***: ogrinfo terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x50)[0x4e3df0]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0xe5d9a)[0x4e3d9a]
/usr/lib/libgdal1.8.0.so.1(+0x5cc194)[0x112d194]
/usr/lib/libgdal1.8.0.so.1(_ZN16CPLODBCStatement5FetchEii+0x77f)[0xee280f]
[0x302c2274]
======= Memory map: ========
[ lines removed..]

 odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.14
DRIVERS............: /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
FILE DATA SOURCES..: /home/GISData/CurbCuts/
USER DATA SOURCES..: /home/katie/.odbc.ini
SQLULEN Size.......: 4
SQLLEN Size........: 4
SQLSETPOSIROW Size.: 2

 mdb-ver -M
mdbtools v0.6pre1

 uname -a
Linux Edith-1 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:50 UTC
2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux