[Ubuntu] GRASS7.0 weekly build

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Sat Jan 5 07:07:58 PST 2013

Rashad,

You should get an email saying REJECTED or ACCEPTED a few minutes after
your uploads. If not, something goes wrong or check your dput config.

It might take from 15 minutes to several hours. Everything depends on
the launchpad workers load. You can always check when your build will
start using the web interface.

I usually try to follow debian unstable. Going too fast might break a
lot of user's systems. I don't know if grass 7.0 has been highly tested
by someone in ubuntugis, I mean not only grass itself... but with all
other packages that use it. qgis, gdal etc. Since debian unstable is
still 6.4.2, I'm not too hurry to push the new version. I'm not sure
about the grass 6.5 branch package. UbuntuGIS has been created to old
only one version of the packages.... not all flavors. The source package
are not made for that and will conflict each other. Not sure what you
want to provide... but maybe it would be better to create (if it not
already exists) an official grass launchpad account... with several
grass ppa for each version. So people could try all your versions
easily. You could talk with grass developers.

The only thing you'll need to change is the version number of you weekly
package. It always need to be incremented.

Regards,
Alan