[Ubuntu] GRASS7.0 weekly build

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:32:22 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Alan Boudreault <aboudreault at mapgears.com>wrote:

>  Rashad,
>
> You should get an email saying REJECTED or ACCEPTED a few minutes after
> your uploads. If not, something goes wrong or check your dput config.
>

> It might take from 15 minutes to several hours. Everything depends on the
> launchpad workers load. You can always check when your build will start
> using the web interface.

I didnt get any message yet.
trying dput again says:
Package has already been uploaded to ppa on ppa.launchpad.net
Nothing more to do for grass70_7.0-1_source.changes

> I usually try to follow debian unstable. Going too fast might break a lot
> of user's systems. I don't know if grass 7.0 has been highly tested by
> someone in ubuntugis, I mean not only grass itself... but with all other
> packages that use it. qgis, gdal etc. Since debian unstable is still 6.4.2,
> I'm not too hurry to push the new version. I'm not sure about the grass 6.5
> branch package. UbuntuGIS has been created to old only one version of the
> packages.... not all flavors.

Ok. fine. So I will keep updating grass7.0 weekly in ubnutgis-testing and
you once it becomes stable  we can upload to ubuntugis-unstable/stable.
right?

> The source package are not made for that and will conflict each other. Not
> sure what you want to provide... but maybe it would be better to create (if
> it not already exists) an official grass launchpad account... with several
> grass ppa for each version. So people could try all your versions easily.
> You could talk with grass developers.

No. I think maintaining grass trunk on unbuntugis-testing makes more sense

--
Regards,
   Rashad