[Ubuntu] QGIS, Grass and GeoProcessing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Thu Nov 21 21:44:39 PST 2013

Hello,

_Environment_

Ubuntu: 12.04.03

UbuntuGIS Repository: Unstable

qgis: 2.0.1-Dufour

saga: 2.0.8

GDAL/OGR: 1.10.0

Grass: 6.4.3

I've been working with QGIS, looking at its potential as a GeoProcessing environment.

I'm particularly impressed with its Processing environment, especially with its integration with Grass and SAGA.

I have a query that may or may not be related to how QGIS is packaged.

I'm trying to do some quite involved 'automated' vector data processing via Grass algorithms that really require a topological data set.

Unfortunately I don't really seem to have an option in the environment that I'm using. The dialogs via QGIS that launch Grass algorithms typically default to a shape file format. They do allow options, however these are typically of similar style to a shape file and do not appear to be topological in structure.

Is there any way to work with a topological data format in this environment?

Is this constrained by the options compiled with OGR?

Bruce