[Ubuntu] Debian GIS Policy

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 4 19:44:16 PST 2014

On 01/04/2014 03:28 PM, Ivan Minčík wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 2014 6:06 PM, "Sebastiaan Couwenberg" <sebastic at xs4all.nl>
> wrote:
>>> My intent for the "PPA for Ubuntu" paragraph in the proposed Debian GIS
>>> team policy is to document the best practices for including packaging
>>> for the UbuntuGIS PPAs in the Debian GIS git repositories.
>>>
>>> http://linuxminded.nl/tmp/pkg-grass-website/policy.html#ubuntugis-ppa
>>>

> Sebastian, you did very good job by writing that policy document. I agree
> with tools you are using, branch naming. What I miss there is more detailed
> pbuilder/cowbuilder creation procedure. This is where I am always not sure
> which way is best. Would you please add procedure you propose?
> Also I would not recommend using svn at all.

By popular demand have I just pushed some changes adding documentation
of the tools used for Debian GIS packaging.

Have a look a the change itself:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-grass/website.git;a=commitdiff;h=2887b4c30ce0e0b6532bbc220a7fa2c409f4ee18

And the update HTML version:

http://linuxminded.nl/tmp/pkg-grass-website/policy.html

As mentioned in the commit message, the Packaging with Git section is
work in progress, and the Git tips will be further adapted into the
Packaging walkthrough.

The pbuilder specific documentation will also likely be moved from the
Tools list to its own section.

The expanded Table of Contents allows easy access to subsections of
interest.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)