[Ubuntu] MapServer 6.2 + ECW support

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 03:25:04 PST 2014

Hello all,

I'm doing a clean install of MapServer in Ubuntu 12.04 from the ubuntugis
ppa and I need support for ECW.

Just installed MapServer, GDAL, ecw plugin, and the latest ECW DSK (linux).

When running the build script gdal-ecw-build I found that the script its
not finding the *libNCSEcw.so* file where I've put it in the required
directory.

It seems that the latest directory structure of ECW SDK has changed. I did
change the script to find the ECW.h in this line:

if [ ! -f "$ECWSDK/include/NCSEcw/ECW/ECW.h" -o `grep 'ECWFILE'
"$ECWSDK/include/NCSEcw/ECW/ECW.h" |wc -l` -eq 0 ]; then

So here is what I got now:

$ sudo gdal-ecw-build /usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk
Extracting GDAL/ECW tarball
Building GDAL/ECW plugin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
checking for gdal-config... /usr/bin/gdal-config
using /usr/lib/gdalplugins/1.9 as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for libNCSEcw.so or libecwj2... configure: error: not found in
/usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk/lib or /usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk/bin.

I've created a link of this file (
*/usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk/lib/x64/release/libNCSEcw.so*) to */usr/local/lib* and
even to */usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk/lib*, then run ldconfig, but it fails
again...

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,