[Ubuntu] MapServer 6.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

Dylan Rawlins dylan at mapserver.co.za
Wed Jan 22 23:11:47 PST 2014

Hi all,

I submitted this under a different thread last week but I see that it
pertains to the issues raised in this thread as well.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) and it automatically updated my
apache to 2.4.6. That caused my PHP version to stop working correctly so
I upgraded that to PHP 5.5.7.

I managed to get PHP and apache working but the installation of
php5-mapscript broke. I purged it and attempted to reinstall but got the
following error message:

php5-mapscript : Depends: phpapi-20090626

This seems to be a recurring problem with other php packages but I
haven't been able to find any solutions yet. Is it possible that I will
need to revert to using FGS Mapserver as at least it isn't subject to
updates? Obviously not an ideal option as it is already very outdated
but it would get me up and running again.

Many thanks in advance

Dylan