[Ubuntu] MapServer 6.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jan 23 00:42:00 PST 2014

On 01/22/2014 11:11 PM, Dylan Rawlins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I submitted this under a different thread last week but I see that it
> pertains to the issues raised in this thread as well.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) and it automatically updated my
> apache to 2.4.6. That caused my PHP version to stop working correctly so
> I upgraded that to PHP 5.5.7.
>
> I managed to get PHP and apache working but the installation of
> php5-mapscript broke. I purged it and attempted to reinstall but got the
> following error message:

> php5-mapscript : Depends: phpapi-20090626
>
> This seems to be a recurring problem with other php packages but I
> haven't been able to find any solutions yet. Is it possible that I will
> need to revert to using FGS Mapserver as at least it isn't subject to
> updates? Obviously not an ideal option as it is already very outdated
> but it would get me up and running again.
>

> Many thanks in advance
>
> Dylan

You can always opt out of a particular upgrade with apt pinning.
In the meantime you might want to ppa-purge or revert your php. I
understand a fix for the apache issue should be available soon.

This is part of the reason we have a stable repo. If you don't want to
be caught be upgrades your not expecting. You could also change your apt
preferences to only take security updates too.

Thanks,
Alex