[Ubuntu] creating GRASS packages for UbuntuGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:44:34 PST 2016

Hi,

> It's quite rare to have Ubuntu specific packaging in the git
> repositories so there is not much chance of collision. If the 'ubuntu/'
> prefix is already used for Ubuntu specific changes (like the freexl
> security updates for example), it's a good idea to use the 'ubuntugis/'
> prefix for the PPA packaging to differentiate them.

OK, I have build environment ready. I just don't see UbuntuGIS PPA
even I have in RC file defined

OTHERMIRROR="deb
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu $DIST
main"

$ sudo DIST=wily cowbuilder --create --distribution=$DIST
--basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-${DIST}-ubuntugis.cow
 -> Invoking pbuilder
  forking: pbuilder create --buildplace
/var/cache/pbuilder/base-wily-ubuntugis.cow --mirror
http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ --architecture amd64
--distribution wily --no-targz --extrapackages cowdancer
<- here --othermirror is missig
I: installing dummy policy-rc.d
Get:1 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily InRelease [218 kB]
Get:2 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/main amd64 Packages [1420 kB]
Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net wily InRelease [15.5 kB]
Get:4 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/restricted amd64 Packages [15.6 kB]
Get:5 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/universe amd64 Packages [6704 kB]
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net wily InRelease
Get:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net wily/main amd64 Packages [961 B]
Get:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net wily/main Translation-en [1026 B]
Get:8 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/multiverse amd64 Packages [138 kB]
Get:9 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/main Translation-en [839 kB]
Get:10 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/multiverse Translation-en [107 kB]
Get:11 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/restricted Translation-en [4296 B]
Get:12 http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com wily/universe Translation-en [4579 kB]

I don't see any UbuntuGIS PPA, I am not sure if it's OK.

> You need to have a cowbuilder chroot for the Ubuntu distributions you
> intend to build and upload the package for. In these chroots you need to
> enable the ubuntugis-unstable PPA for the dependencies. Because
> pbuilder/cowbuilder chroots reverts the changes after every run, you
> need to use the --save-after-login option together with --login to
> preserve the PPA changes.
>
> git-buildpackage uses the configuration in debian/gbp.conf to select the
> appropriate branches and tags, you need to update these for the
> UbuntuGIS packaging. As long as you use the same upstream tarball (from
> the upstream branch) as the Debian package, you only need to change the
> debian-branch option to ubuntugis/wily:

$ debcheckout --user martinl-guest --git-track '*' grass pkg-grass

Here I am lost, how to enter cowbuilder chroot and run git-buildpackage?

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa