[Ubuntu] QGis 3 on UbuntuGIS PPA

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 14 12:23:07 PST 2018

I'm trying to setup a laptop with Ubuntu 18.04 to use offline.  I use
MapServer from ubuntugis as a localhost wms server with apache. This works.

I tried installing QGIS 3.4 and Grass but ran into problems.
Ubuntugis/unstable has grass 7.4.2 for bionic and the QGIS grass plugin
is wanting 7.4.0.

There is no bionic build in the qgis.org/ubuntugis repository yet so I
have this problem. Removing the ubuntugis ppa lets me install QGIS and
Grass.

It seems that there should be a ubuntugis build for bionic due to the
upgrade to grass.  Is that coming with the next point release?

Is this the normal inconsistency problem with using ubuntugis which has
been described in this email thread?  The one which gets fixed at each
QGIS point release and not with each change to ubuntugis?

*Worth Lutz*