[Ubuntu] [DKIM] Additional grass dependencies

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Wed Jul 12 00:13:30 PDT 2023

Dear Sebastiaan,

on which statistics you base the assertion that add-ons have low usage? Gathering from the activity at Gitter and the maillist I would conclude the opposite.

On Widows the packaging systems aim to include all dependencies. This can be a challenge with programmes like Git, but remains a goal in that community. See for instance this recent discussion on 8.3:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/3077

As it is currently distributed from UbuntuGIS, g.extension fails with an exception. Even to just list available add-ons.

Regards.

--
Luís