[UN] Budget 2017 UN committee

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Thu Dec 15 01:46:29 PST 2016

Hi Maxi,
I fully agree with Bruce on this and have indicated that in the past. If they really want / need the expertise they can find the relatively minor budget for these costs. Even than it is such a bargain for the UN because you don't charge any actual income (consulting fee). I've worked for almost ten years in the UN and know that if people set their priorities, they can arrange the required budget in one way or another. I'm pretty confident that most people participating in these meeting get their cost covered in the same "one way or another".
That doesn't mean OSGeo can decide to invest in a good cause as providing FOSS expertise to the UN. I just think we shouldn't take for granted OSGeo did cover the cost and so should do the same towards the future.
Cheers,
Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
Jeroen Ticheler