[webmap-discuss] Using JSON instead of XML for OGC documents

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 16 22:45:19 EST 2006

Another factor is the inability of javascript-only clients (such as
OpenLayers and MapBuilder) to directly request XML documents from
remote servers due to security constraints, making it impossible to
work with some of the more interesting OGC stuff without using some
kind of workaround (such as proxy scripts etc).

Paul