Posible polemic terminology and site's wiki languages' subcategories..

mar cronchera contact at exchangeyou.com
Tue Mar 21 14:25:54 EST 2006

In these early stages it's good also to each one's write their prejudices
with keywords used for diferent issues which could be uncomfortable for
some national communities..
Without willing to be a keyword fundamentalist either i want to express
some for me and think that it will be good to hear from others too.

I was particularly afraid of the Evangelizing term, very widespread in the
Open source english culture, which luckily, from my point of view, the
osgeo.org hasn't used.
Evangelizing is meant for 'Spreading', but in Spanish has a 'Very
Christian Religion' connotation..

1:
Catala or Catalonian-Catalan? - I prefer Catala
..

2:
There's this wiki url to enhace Languages at osgeo.org
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Foundation_Project_Requests

i wanted to edit

'Languages Project Request'

into

'Languages' (or Languages Related)

for not Triplicate the 'Project_Requests' explain

and maybe having the 'Languages' request i wikied there in a new
subcategory.., with local languages main categories instead..
I'm new to this and don't know well how unpolite could be and prefered to
say it here.

Please don't delete my wikied addon and move it if so

marc